Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring has sprung on Towers Road. (aka: SB66 Demo)

Hello.  

I have a shit-ton of stuff to say about today's ride.  But I drank a six pack with Matt II and now I'm just not motivated to blog.  Fuck it.  Here's the quick and dirty and I'll let the photos tell the story.  I took out the shop's SB66 for a test run.  My technical review of this bike is as follows:  

Yeti's new SB66 has "pep".  You know, "get up and go".  You get the picture.  End of review.

Great, great ride.  If you wanna know the route, it was a modified "Dos-and-a-Half Montañas".  Super fun.  Went like this:

Soderberg-Towers-Spring Creek-Carey Springs-Sawmill-Towers (to the actual towers)-No Name connector-Westridge-Wathan-Spring Creek-Stout-Towers-Carey Springs-Sawmill.

The reason I spelled it out for you is that it is a really really fun loop.  Try it.  I have to say this though; in my opinion you should never, NEVER turn onto Westridge from Towers road.  Ever.  If you want to ride Westridge to Wathan, stay on Towers Road until you get to the actual radio towers and take the no-name connector through the saddle to Westridge.  It has stunning views of the valley and it is a wonderful trail.  Have fun.  Thanks to Betz.  It was real, friend!


Today's drive to the park was with Jeffery Tambor

Blue on Black
Sexy Betzy loves brutal climbs
XL man on a L frame.  Looks weird but still shreds.  Jack that seat
Top of Towers and Betz hasn't even broke a sweat, yet
SB66  did great through the tech
Betz headin to the Towers


Beautiful day. Pick a trail.


This spot on the trail offered a view of the west face of Horsetooth Rock (far left) and a shot of Long's Peak (far right) in the same picture.  Amazing.
Horsetooth Rock
Long's Peak
And they didn't mind me at all
Todd the God's hot new GRILL.  Fresh out tha dentist office.
My GPS died before I was done, but you get the idea
Bye.
Zness

No comments:

Post a Comment