Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cold Shred for Big Red (NO FAT CHICKS!)

Lately the only days I've been able to really get out and rip are either Fridays or Saturdays. I usually rip these rides in my Husker jersey. I've found that if I do 35 miles or more for my weekend ride that Nebraska has NEVER lost. I guess I'm being a bit superstitious.

2 weeks ago Schuyler, myself, and the dudes from Black Sheep Cycles set out on a 35 degree day. Once the sun went down it was one of the coldest mountain bike rides I've ever done. Although I've done a few road rides that are colder (I'll save those for another post). We started in the Fort, rode out to The Ridge of the Co-yo-te, looped Indian Summer to Blue Sky, stopped at the Canyon Grill, and then rode through Lory, up the North Dam, and then down Foothills North. It was cold, booze fueled fun, but apparently not enough for a NU victory.

[SIDENOTE: The referees decided beforehand that A&M was going to win and literally gave Nebraska a shot to the balls (this dude had is testicle ripped off and RECEIVED a 30 yard penalty for his trouble...)which resulted in a heartbreaking loss to A&M 9-6. Well. It could be worse considering NU is still playing for the title on Saturday. GBR.]

Here's a few shots from the ride. Luckily all of our testicles came back intact. (as far as I know!)









Nice 36" Black Sheep Bicycle. It rips!


Snow starting to fall in the foothills of Lory. Gettin Cold.


Schuyler gets HOT when the weather gets COLD.


Pal'n down the highway


And of course...

(Check the license plates!)

Stay Nasty,
Zness

No comments:

Post a Comment