Wednesday, May 12, 2010

18 Hours of Fruita

Got a few days off to head out and do some bikin on the western slope. I met up with Schuyler and Meister to "support" our pal Shred Nettles on his duo 18 hour race. By "support" I mean trying to slug a 30 rack of PBR and a 1.75 of whiskey in 18 hours (which we did, and then a little more for good measure...) George and his partner Rad Randy ended up taking 2nd in an unbelievably long ass race. They both put down 117 miles in 18 hours. Absolutely sick. The track was pretty mellow as far as shredding goes, but ripping it for that long is something that I don't think I'm ready for. We all knew George could shred a mountain bike, but coming in 2nd in a race like that shows that he's a real deal athlete.

Nettles and I on a pre race fun lap. I ripped my fixie on a lot of trail this weekend.

Rachel was the real "support" keeping george alive with delicious hot food after every lap for the whole 18 hours.

Epic Jim Beam guitar solo. Face melting shred.

Shy-lock kept the tunes and booze rockin the whole time. We were a goddamn mobile party unit.

Shred Nettles and Rad Randy finally got to drink a booze after a long ass race. They fuckin rip.

After the race we all went to ride a ton more trails in the area. I'll post up more as soon as this goddamn hangover goes away. It was so bad this morning that I actually drank the water while I was in the shower. I just couldn't help it. I was dry as shit!

Tip up, homeys.

Zness

No comments:

Post a Comment